We take the use of your data very seriously and will continue to review our activities in this area and update the policy as necessary. We will also notify you of any significant changes that may occur, or you can visit this page to view our policy at any time.
Consent: We only collect your data with your consent. This typically happens when you submit a contact form on our website, download one of our digital products using your email address, or fill out a survey to join our network of partners/volunteers.
Contractual Obligations: In some cases, we need to use your data to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, if you fill out a form to join our network of volunteers/partners, we will use the information that you share with us to help us decide which projects you will be assigned. If you purchase a physical product, we will require your address to ship the product to you. If you submit a new business inquiry, we will store your contact information and submission details in order to write a nice proposal for you!
Legal Compliance: If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data. For example, we may disclose details of individuals involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting Learn to lead to law enforcement.
Legitimate Interest: In some situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and does not materially impact your rights, freedom, or interests. For example, we might write to inform you of key news and events that might be of interest to you.
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you sign up for a newsletter/download a digital product
- When you submit an inquiry through our contact form
- When you register for events hosted by Learn to lead
- When you engage with us on social media
- When you visit our website
- When you fill out a form to join our volunteer/partner network
We will ensure that this information is processed in a lawful manner and is only used for relevant and necessary purposes.
What sort of personal data do we collect?
- When you voluntarily download a digital product, you may be asked to share with us: Name, Email, Date and time of purchase, Purchase timezone, amount donated, Street address, City, Post/Zip Code, County/State, Country, Referrer, IP address.
- When you voluntarily fill out a contact form, you may be asked to share with us:: Name, Position, Email, Website, Company, Location, Services that interest you, General information about what your company does and the project of interest/reason for getting in touch (this is the body of your email), timeline, IP address, and budget.
- When you voluntarily sign up to join our volunteer/contractor network, you may be asked to share with us:: Name, Email, Location, Years of Experience, and other biographical information that you submit voluntarily.
How and why do we use your personal data?
Your data will only be used to remain in contact with you. We may send you email updates and other email-based communication, or send you products in the mail on rare occasions. We may also use your data to send you communications required by law, which are necessary to inform you about changes to the services we provide you. For members of our network of volunteers and partners, we may also send you personal email updates in order to keep you posted on new opportunities.
We will ensure that your data is kept secure and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
When we do collect your information, we will only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose of which is was collected.
Who do we share your data with?
Your data is only shared internally for the purpose of email communication. In instances of downloading one of our digital products, emailing us through the contact form on our website, or joining our network of volunteers and partners, your data is collected for us by third party platforms: Google, Mailchimp, Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), and WordPress.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
How can you prevent use of your personal data for direct marketing?
There are several ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
- For general email newsletter updates (sent via Mailchimp platform): Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you. Please note that you may continue to receive communications for up to 30 days after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
- For volunteer/partner network registration (managed internally and via Mailchimp): Reach out to us via email@example.com, and we will remove your information from our server and cease contact unless the volunteer/partner initiates contact with Learn to lead.
- For any contact forms you may have filled out, data may be stored on our server (WordPress/Mailchimp): Reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll delete you from our server.
N.B. Separate to our internal policy, if you would like to take more control over your personal data and protect your privacy, you may want to visit the following organisations and learn more about the tools they offer or recommend to safeguard your rights as a digital citizen. (Please note that this does not serve as an endorsement or affiliation with these organisations and their respective resources – any use of these tools is entirely at your own risk.)